So ever since I have been staying home with Boston I have become an avid Ellen fan and have always wanted to go on the show. My friend Debby is the same way and we finally got tickets and made a girls trip out of it.
We left on Saturday and stayed with her sister in LA for 2 nights. I loved going to the beach and rollerblading while it was snowing 2 feet here! We went shopping a ton. Yes, Debby is a die hard shopper and has made me love it too! I never knew I could go to so many malls in one day! We then went to Burbank for the last 2 nights and stayed in the same hotel as all the dancers for Dance War: Carrie Ann vs. Bruno. We didn't see them much because they were always gone but they were loud at night!
We went to Ellen on Tuesday... which means you stand in line ALOT! We had guaranteed tickets so we didn't have to be there until 12:30 but we didn't know that so we showed up at 9:30 and they sent us away. We got pedicures instead so our feet would be ready to stand in line! We got in line at 12:30 and were number 67 in line... so we thought for sure we would be in the row that Ellen dances down... but nope! Since there were only 2 in our party they put us on the side behind Striker (the DJ). We were on a podium so we danced like crazy... just me and Debby! Wahoo! Since we stood up on the podium, we were easy to see so the guy called Debby down and she danced for like 10 minutes up on Ellen's stage and won a T-shirt. Then during one of the commercial breaks I danced in a competition in the aisle... but didn't win. The guy that won had great facial expressions... darn it!
Jeff Corwin, the animal guy was the guest of the day. We were a little bit disappointed because we are not fans of the animal guy. But oh well! He brought some cool animals and the elephant was awesome!
At the end of the show, Ellen announced that Heath Ledger had died. It had only been like 2 hours before so everyone was shocked and Ellen was way sad. After they showed a clip of the last time Heath was on the show, Ellen was teary eyed and didn't talk much. After the taping, Ellen usually talks to the audience but she was too sad so she just left. It was kind of a bummer way to end, but overall we had a great time.
I have to say that we clapped, danced and screamed so much that I was exhausted! During the commercial breaks they have you dance the whole time... so you pretty much are dancing for like 1 hour.
If anyone wants to go to Ellen again, I am in! 


10 comments:
so i totally watched that episode yesterday!!! I love ELLEN she is so great. I bet you had a blast.
hey so where in Lehi do you live? We may be buying home in Lehi.
How much fun!! that sounded like you had a blast! that is awesome. you looked way cute. I love the boots.
Wow! I had no idea that you were even going. I am way jealous too. I love Ellen! It looks like you had a great time! Are you coming to Book Club on Saturday? Hope to see you there.
ANYTIME you want to see Ellen again count me in... I LOVE HER!
I am so jealous. You look amazing.
I didn't even know you were going! I don't really watch Ellen too often but it looks like you had a really fun time!
Man that looks like so much fun. Whoever you went with must be pretty awesome. Just kidding. Thanks for the good time
That looks like you guys had so much fun! I was thinking about you! We should go! Maybe in the spring when I can guarantee walker won't be sick:)
Ellen seriously is the best, I'm so glad you and Debby had tons of fun.
That would be so much fun! I love Ellen too!!
It was so fun to see you guys on sunday! Boston is such a cutie!
Post a Comment