Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Beckham!

So I guess it must have been good luck to post baby news because I went into labor that night. However I tried to deny my labor pains and attempted to go to the 'So You Think You Can Dance' Tour. Which I was SO excited about because I am a total fan.

(Warning: this gets long winded... sorry)
So I started feeling kind of weird (I guess thats what you can call labor)right when Nick got home from work and I was leaving to pick up my mom for the concert. I told Nick that I was fine and I didn't want to miss the concert if I wasn't really in labor so I was going to try to go. I picked up my mom and we met my sister in law, Emily and her friend at Rumbi's for dinner. I kept having contractions but they weren't that bad so I thought I would be good to go to the concert and then maybe go to the hospital after. (I was in total denial and forgot that I have my babies really fast). We then carpooled to the E Center (yes, I drove...big mistake). As we parked and were walking in I was having really bad contractions and started having to stop walking and bending over. When we were standing in line I decided I really wasn't going to last and needed to leave. So me and my mom left and started walking to the car. (Ben had to pick Emily up after the show) When we were walking the contractions were getting stronger and we couldn't find the car. I started getting mad and crying at the same time. But we found the car and my mom drove. (I feel bad for whoever drives me to the hospital because with Boston I was yelling at Nick to drive faster and I did the same to my mom). I kept telling her that she was driving like an old lady (she was offended). I called Nick and he was at Cabelas with Boston so he left and dropped Boston off at my moms so my brothers could watch him.


When we got to the hospital I was at a 6 and 90%. I tested positive for Strep B and so they were worried since I go so fast there was no way that I would get 4 hours of antibiotics but they would try. So I got my IV at 8:30 and they said we would just wait and hope that my water wouldn't break. (With Boston I was Strep positive also but only got 20 minutes of antibiotics so we thought it wouldn't happen). I then got my epidural and we just sat and waited for 12:30. By about 12:00 I was at a 9 3/4 and the nurse was shocked that it had not broken because it was bulging. Well thankfully I lasted to 12:30 and my water broke at 12:35, right when my doctor got there. I then started pushing at 12:40 and Beckham was born at 12:44. Everything went really well and Nick said that 'this was a much more relaxing delivery', I told him it was because he didn't have to drive me to the hospital. I was so thankful that I got my antibiotics and of course my epidural in time!

Oh, and Emily came to the hospital after 'So You Think You Can Dance' and said it was 'awesome' but not to tell me. I'm bummed that I missed it but tonight I am going to watch all my DVR recordings of the dances.

We are home now and things are going good. Boston is adjusting and can't give the baby enough kisses. I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures and things to post later.

7 comments:

Martindale News said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is beautiful! And You look great! Thanks for telling your story. Loved hearing the update. I would love to see him, he looks very kissable, love the neck and the smell of the newborn baby. Give him a big kiss from Aunt Maureen. Love ya

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Yea! I love it. Thank Your for posting your story. I was really into it. He is so so cute and so little. How fun! Boston is really cute too...what a cute big brother and by the way...your look amazing! Way too good for just having had a baby. Love you miss you! I'm glad everything is good.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Laura, you are such a trooper, and way too good at having babies, they just want to pop out of you! I can't wait to meet him, he looks absolutely darling!!!!

RaCHeL said...

What a cutie! Has it settled in yet that you have 2 kids?! You look fantastic by the way. Are you sure you just had a baby? :) Can't wait to see this little guy!

estinger said...

He is so cute and I LOVE the name! What I don't love however, is the fact that you can look adorable 15 seconds after having a baby! Tell Nick congrats too!

heidi said...

Laura, he is so cute. I love seeing pictures. I am so sorry that I have not made it over yet. I am the worst. I think I am going to come the same time as Holly tomorrow, if she comes. Either way I think it is high time I got my butt in gear. I will call you tomorrow!

A girl named Holly... said...

Laura, I want you to know that I read your entire post and I loved it. You are in the category as one of those good blog writers:)

Love you, can't wait to see you again.