Monday, March 23, 2009

Gold Digger Before My Eyes!

This evening as I was getting dinner ready I heard what sounded like a garbage truck go down my street... so I went to look out the window and Ellen's Gold Digger truck was before my eyes! Too bad it wasn't in front of my house but it was in front of my neighbors. I ran out to watch (in my pajama pants) with my kids in the cold and snow. We walked out right when Lani (my neighbor) was getting into the money machine. I was so excited, I was yelling and jumping up and down for her! I could hear Ellen talking to her through the microphone. I seriously could not believe that it was on my street. Lani's husband said she got $2000!
If any of you know me, you know I am an avid Ellen fan and watch it everyday (I even went to see the show last year)... so just seeing the Gold Digger truck was as good as winning money. Thanks Lani for entering!
It will air tomorrow (Tuesday the 24th). You will have to watch and see Lani win $2000! Wahoo!









10 comments:

The Barneys said...

That is so funny! I am not sure who I am more jealous of you or Lani. Did Lani know they were coming.

Samantha said...

Wow, that is so cool, too bad it wasn't you!

Cynthia said...

I saw that and I had no idea what it was or what was going on. I guess I need to tune in to Ellen more! Yay for Lani - glad she won some cash!!

RaCHeL said...

That's awesome! Could you imagine if they had come to your house? That would be so cool!

Jamilyn and Clark said...

I wish they would've come to your house. You deserve $2000! I'm glad you got to be part of the fun though. So cool.

Brando and Annie said...

I think I saw you in the background! I hope that was you! I am going to go watch it again since I have it recorded! Let me know if that was you!!!

The Young Family said...

I totally saw you in the background! Cute pajama pants by the way!:)

Tammie said...

I am so mad that I missed it on TV today. I wanted to record it and our DVR went out. Anyway, that's awesome. I absolutely love watching the Ellen show too. She is hilarious!

The Frame Family said...

I'm so mad I missed it!! That's so awesome that she got to do that! Jealous...very jealous!

Martindale News said...

Well I watched it yesterday, I guess I will have to watch it again to see if I can see you in the background. I saw all that money falling on the ground too. Glad they picked your friend to give it to, she was so happy and cute about it. Hope all goes well for them.