So Sunday and Monday, Boston took 3 hour naps with no binki. Since then he has yet to take a nap. Would it be bad if I gave him his binki for nap time... Mommy is dying here! I need that brake in the day. HELP!
I'm sorry laura...that is so hard. I think it would be harder to take it away the second time. Good Luck, I hope he starts napping soon. Mommy time is a MUST during the day :)
Can you replace it with a toy or stuffed animal? I am with Tammie, I think it would be hard to take away a second time and it would confuse him. It takes time, just find something else to replace it. Good luck girl.
How about quiet time? Sometimes when my kids won't nap, I insist that we all need quiet time. They can read books or play quiet toys just so that they stay on their bed for the time I set (sometimes they end up falling asleep anyway). Or, sometimes they think it's great if I let them have nap time on my bed. I'm with you, I need that break during the day. Good luck!
That is so hard Laura, knowing me I would probably give in. Bremen LOVES his binki, I'm scared for the day we have to take it away. Those naps are precious. Good Luck!
Such a hard decision! Ko still has a binki to nap...I am too exhausted come nap time that I don't dare take it away completely! Hopefully he'll realize that he still wants that nap afterall!
5 comments:
I'm sorry laura...that is so hard. I think it would be harder to take it away the second time. Good Luck, I hope he starts napping soon. Mommy time is a MUST during the day :)
Can you replace it with a toy or stuffed animal? I am with Tammie, I think it would be hard to take away a second time and it would confuse him. It takes time, just find something else to replace it. Good luck girl.
How about quiet time? Sometimes when my kids won't nap, I insist that we all need quiet time. They can read books or play quiet toys just so that they stay on their bed for the time I set (sometimes they end up falling asleep anyway). Or, sometimes they think it's great if I let them have nap time on my bed. I'm with you, I need that break during the day. Good luck!
That is so hard Laura, knowing me I would probably give in. Bremen LOVES his binki, I'm scared for the day we have to take it away. Those naps are precious. Good Luck!
Such a hard decision! Ko still has a binki to nap...I am too exhausted come nap time that I don't dare take it away completely! Hopefully he'll realize that he still wants that nap afterall!
Post a Comment