Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So Slow...

So I haven't been updating my blog often mainly because my computer is messed up and is soo slow so I cannot bare to download or do anything other than check my emails. But I am braving it today.
We survived Boston's dental work. We had to be down at the surgery center in Provo at 6 in the morning so when we woke Boston up to go he was not happy and was screaming the WHOLE way down there. Plus we couldn't find the dang place (I hate Utah County!) so I had to call the dentist to get better directions. So to say the least it was not a pleasant time going there (and Nick was pleased with all the fine words I was saying). But once we got there everything was good and Boston was fine. They took him back and put on a bear t-shirt and then the anaesthesiologist carried him to where they would fix his teeth. The best was when a little black down syndrome girl who was getting dental work done too could tell Boston was not a happy camper so she came up to him, grabbed him and gave him a big kiss. It was so cute because Boston got a big smile on his face after.
It only took them an hour to do the work and then they brought him to us which I wish they would have just kept him... JK. If we thought he was ornery before, coming out of anesthesia is alot worse. (They said most kids are like that, so I felt better.). So the WHOLE way home he cried again. But by afternoon he had slept off the anesthesia and was back to normal! 4 crowns and 4 cavity fillings later! If any of you are looking for a pediatric dentist I would totally recommend Branton Richter. He was great and did a great job. Nick and I were worried that Boston would come out with big bunny teeth crowns, but they look just like his teeth. (Not that your children need crowns or anything!) Plus Boston isn't afraid of the dentist (which I'm sure we will be back many times so that is a huge bonus!) But he is great and located in Lehi by IM Flash Technologies.


Before surgery... not happy.

After surgery... VERY not happy!

Home and eating popsicles... he milked this for all it was worth, he had 5 within an hour! (like the hair...he had some serious wings)

For Memorial Day Weekend we went to Bear Lake with Nick's parents and his sister and her family. The weather wasn't great but we had a great time and was a much needed get away. Boston playing on the beachBoston and Jace eating... we always joke that they are two peas in a pod. They are so funny together and are both a little goofy.

Beckham and Dax playing in the Pack n' Play. They both pretty much lived in this thing. They loved it.... until one of them attacked the other.

Boston and Nash eating their chocolate dipped rice krispie treats... they were so tasty!

6 comments:

Shana Smith said...

Wow poor Boston, thats rough! I still dont love the dentist and I am old! The picture of you and Beckham cracks me up, thats the only thing Coasten wants to do, grab his feet:) SOOOO cute

Tammie said...

Poor little Boston! I hope he doesn't have to go through that again. Looks like you had a great trip to Bear Lake. What a great get a way. BTW...Cute pics!

The Kirton Family said...

I am glad everything went well! I hope that you don't have to go back for awhile. Hope to see you soon!

RaCHeL said...

What an experience! It's good that he's not afraid of the dentist. What a little trooper! I can't believe how big Beckham is! He is adorable! I'm so excited to see you soon!

Lindsay said...

Oh poor Boston, what a bummer for such a little guy to have to have surgery. But at least he got his popsicles! Yum! Beckham is so big! It's crazy how fast babies grow. What a cute family!

The Frame Family said...

Okay so Beckham is the cutest!! I'm glad Boston did okay with the dentist! Poor little guy! Hopefully he won't have to go back for awhile!