Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gingerbread Houses

Every year my mom has her family over to make gingerbread houses. This year we decided to make the houses before hand so they would set and stay together for the little kids (which is definately the way to go). If you make gingerbread houses, you for sure have to make Royal Icing because then the candy will stick and not fall off. Nick made his first gingerbread house and spent alot of time on it. He was very proud of his 'Log Cabin'. We also played Bingo, ate slush and the boys watched football. Here are some pictures...

5 comments:

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

How fun! those houses look so cute!

The Shirley Family said...

What a fun tradition. Good work Nick on the Log Cabin, that was very creative. I really wanted to decorate gingerbread houses this year, Tim thinks we should wait until Addison is older so she can help. I think it's his way of getting out of it. Oh well, maybe next year :)

Anonymous said...

HI Laura I just came across your blog!! Boston is so cute! He totally looks like you when you were little-(I think) I miss you!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Thanks for your Christmas Card it was so fun to show my family.

Anika said...

Laura... HAHA! Basically my date tripped me, and my neck fell on his snowboard and my tailbone on my own board... I'm not sure how I cracked my ribs! I was traumatized for a while but I'm glad I gave it another go! lol!

Hope you guys had a great New Years!