Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Nogger!

Last night was our 4th annual Nogger! We had it at Jake and Debby's and it was a blast. We had a great Christmas sweater and pajama turnout and I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. By coincidence Jake, Nick and I wore 'Christmas pajamas' that were absolutely hilarious. Debby and Kim wore fantastic skirts with their sweaters. Tim had a groovy vest and Amy had a 70's flag sweater.
Everyone was a little uncomfortable with the look of Nick's pajamas and wanted to make sure there was something underneath! Since Debby and I are Diet Coke addicts, we talked Jake and Nick into going to the gas station for our nightly caffeine. Well they went, and YES they went in their 'Christmas pajamas'. Ben Young went along and video taped it. People were whistling and taking pictures of them with their camera phones. Can you imagine seeing 25 year olds (Nick told me I had a typo, he is actually 26 and Jake is 27... I told him that just makes the whole thing that much worse!) dressed like that at a gas station? Of course high school kids, but grown men? They are crazy!
We played the white elephant game and I was surprised at how 'normal' the gifts were this year. I say Luke and Amy bring white elephants for all of us from the Lift House next year!
We didn't leave Jake and Debby's until 11:00 and Boston was exhausted, he fell asleep the minute he sat in his car seat. He however, loved the egg nog in his sippy cup... he was born a Nogger!
It was a close race, but Jake Barney won 'best sweater' or otherwise 'best pajamas' this year for the 2nd time. Congratulations Jake, but watch out, the Nielsens want that trophy back!



Aren't those the sexiest legs you've ever seen?

Kim, Tim and Addison

Jake, Debby and Colter


Ben, Tricia and Oakley


Nick and Boston


The whole Nogger crew

5 comments:

The Barneys said...

Oh don't you worry, Jake and I already found the winning sweater for next year! It's FREAKING HILARIOUS!

Anika said...

That's hilarious! I love your husband's pj's- those take the prize!

The Shirley Family said...

It really was a close race between Nick and Jake. I seriously start laughing everytime I think of that video, and the fact someone asked if they could take a picture of Nick. Good Time!!

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

That is so much fun! I loved the different PJ's that was awesome they went to the gas station dressed like that. How funny!

The Frame Family said...

NICE!! I love it! I've always wanted to go to one of those parties!