Its official... Boston no longer has a binki! YEAH! On Friday, my mom and I went to WalMart to pick up something I ordered online and Boston spotted a bicycle that looks like a motorcycle. He fell in love with it and rode it all over the store while we were there. He has never become attached to any toy or anything so I thought 'perfect time for a bribe, right?' All Friday night he was talking about the 'cycle bike' and how it was big and we needed to go to the store to buy it. He wouldn't even go to bed because he was crying about it. So we talked about how he had to throw his binkis in the garbage if he wanted the bike. Saturday afternoon we went and got the 'cycle' bike. He had 5 binkis in hand walking into WalMart and threw them in the garbage at the door. Both me and Nick were clapping (people we looking at us weird but we didn't care!) The only problem was, was that they only had the display and it was a little beat up so we had to walk out (with no bike) and go to another WalMart. (that took an hour just to figure out what WalMart) Boston did really well with understanding that we had to go to another store to get the bike... you should have seen his face- total disapointment. But when we got to the other store, we figured out that the bike was not put together and the assembly guy wasn't there. I was in the car with Beckham thinking that it would be a quick purchase however it wasn't going to be. Nick kept calling and asking what to do and I said 'you have to leave with a bike if you want this to work'. So we got the bike but it was in a box! I was thinking the whole time, man this is not working out. He is going to get that binki back!
Nope, we are on our 2nd day binki free! He has gone to bed and taken naps without it.... his bike of course by his side as a reminder! I never imagined it being such a big deal to wean your kid off of a binki... give me a brake! It was an expensive one too. Boston would not even look at the $30 bike! But hey you gotta do what you gotta do. Way to go Boston, you are a big boy now!
(What is it going to take to potty train, any ideas? AHHH!)
Assembly time.
Don't you love the knee and elbow pads that came with the helmet... we are safe! Too bad we can't go outside and ride- darn snow.
No Binki!
11 comments:
That's such an accomplishment! He's growing up and knows how to negotiate already. Love it. He's adorable.
He is adorable. Way to go mom and dad any bribe that will work is a good one. Potty training? That is a whole other story. Fun stuff
WOW! I think that is what I am going to have to do to get Coast off the bottle! He is so attached:) But whatever works right?!
He looks so cute and grown up with his helmet and all his pads on. Congrats on getting rid of the binky!
Boston sounds just like our oldest. He had his binki until he was 3. It took me a while to realize that he is motivated by rewards! We had to reward him to get him potty trained. And, like Boston, he has expensive taste in his rewards.
Boston is adorable on that bike!
You guys are so brave! I hope we can get there some day. I am glad that it went so well. Maybe I'll keep my eyes out for a princess bike:)
I hope everything is going well. We sure miss you guys.
He is so cute with all his gear on! Way to go on the bribe!! We will have to try something like that with Oakley's blankie...great idea!
YEAH Boston!! Such a big boy! We are also once again working on the same situation! He looks so cute on his bike! Play date next week?
Yea, it worked! That is such an exciting time. He looks so darn cute on that bike :) Nice bribe!
Laura that is so great! I wonder if we are ever going to get there. He looks so cute and all grown up!
Good going mom and dad!!! He is so adorable on his bike, he'll be riding it outside before you know it.... The potty training will be easier than you think, keep up the great work... You have a darling little family.... I missed seeing you guys on Sat.
Post a Comment